Tuesday 25 August 2009

There was nothing wrong about meeting Soon Jae that thursday. There was something wrong with me. All those muffin-sharing, iced frappuccino-swapping and pulling me aside and side-hugging, d'you think it meant anything? But he said "friend". And I said "yeah". And there it was - I sat on a swing in children's playground about ten o'clock in the evening and said to myself maybe it was not the best choice. We even went to a comic book store. We even squat on the pavement. Orphaned. That's not the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind. This crisis even involved playing football with my little cousin. Eventually this involves also a good pack of inspiration similar to that inspiration which you get when you read Chuck Palahniuk's personal short stories, which are so awkwardly funny.
Today I went to Bratislava for the InterStudy appointment and what I most of the time did was eavesdropping phone conversation of a administrator and a father of high school program new joined son in US. She told him very briefly and politely that she got to know that his son had made friendships with doubtful guys and he better calls him to tell him to find new friends. And I watched it in awe and thought - geez, if I was abroad and they informed my parents everytime I'd go out, I wouldn't be happy. Still, I'd go. Because when you miss someone, it's not as painful as when you realise that nobody misses you. That football match - I lost 11:15. Sad. That's not the right word either...

No comments: